My overall interest and contribution to the research field probe the consumption and environmental potential of the sharing economy.
Some of the research questions that I pursue are:
Does the sharing economy lead to a net reduction of resource use and environmental impacts?
Which factors and conditions contribute to this reduction?
What are the barriers and hinders?
To which sharing sectors have the largest environmental potential?
- Laurenti, R., S.M. Chalumeau, L. Pascal, and C.R. Binder. Investigating the motives, consumption and environmental effects of sharing in a university community. In Preparation.
- Laurenti, R., J. Singh, M. Toni, J. Cotrin, R. Sinha, and C.R. Binder. Sharing economy state of research: a systematic mapping. In Preparation.
- Lavers, A., Y. Kalmykova, L. Rosado, F. Oliveira, and R. Laurenti. 2018. Combining Material Flow Analysis and Life Cycle Assessment to Identify Environmental Hotspots of Urban Consumption. Submitted.
- Laurenti, R., D. Palm, and T. Ekvall. 2017. The climate impacts of feebate on cars in future scenarios. In Boosting Resource Productivity by Adopting the Circular Economy, ed. by Christian Ludwig and Cecilia Matasci, 257–262. Villigen PSI, Switzerland: Paul Scherrer Institute (PSI).
- Laurenti, R., M. Redwood, R. Puig, and B. Frostell. 2017. Measuring the Environmental Footprint of Leather Processing Technologies. Journal of Industrial Ecology 21(5): 1180–1187.
- Laurenti, R., Å. Moberg, and Å. Stenmarck. 2017. Calculating the pre-consumer waste footprint: A screening study of 10 selected products. Waste Management & Research 35(1): 65–78.
- Lavers, A., Y. Kalmykova, L. Rosado, F. Oliveira, and R. Laurenti. 2017. Selecting representative products for quantifying environmental impacts of consumption in urban areas. Journal of Cleaner Production 162: 34–44.
- Laurenti, R. 2017. Product waste footprint: Methodological approach for quantification and communication. Stockholm.
- Ekvall, T., M. Martin, D. Palm, L. Danielsson, A. Fråne, R. Laurenti, and F. Oliveira. 2016. Pysical/environmental quantitative ex ante assessment of resource efficiency policies in the EU" of the DYNAMIX project. Stockholm.
- Laurenti, R. 2016. The Karma of Products: Exploring the Causality of Environmental Pressure with Causal Loop Diagram and Environmental Footprint Doctoral Thesis. KTH Royal Institute of Technology.
- Laurenti, R., J. Singh, R. Sinha, J. Potting, and B. Frostell. 2016. Unintended Environmental Consequences of Improvement Actions: A Qualitative Analysis of Systems’ Structure and Behavior. Systems Research and Behavioral Science 33(3): 381–399.
- Laurenti, R., R. Sinha, J. Singh, and B. Frostell. 2016. Towards Addressing Unintended Environmental Consequences: A Planning Framework. Sustainable Development 24(1): 1–17.
- Sinha, R., R. Laurenti, J. Singh, M.E. Malmström, and B. Frostell. 2016. Identifying ways of closing the metal flow loop in the global mobile phone product system: A system dynamics modeling approach. Resources, Conservation and Recycling 113: 65–76. http://dx.doi.org/10.101….
- Laurenti, R., R. Sinha, J. Singh, and B. Frostell. 2015. Some pervasive challenges to sustainability by design of electronic products - A conceptual discussion. Journal of Cleaner Production 108: 281–288.
- Zhou, G., J. Singh, J. Wu, R. Sinha, R. Laurenti, and B. Frostell. 2015. Evaluating low-carbon city initiatives from the DPSIR framework perspective. Habitat International 50: 289–299.
- Wang, Q., R. Laurenti, and S. Holmberg. 2015. A novel hybrid methodology to evaluate sustainable retrofitting in existing Swedish residential buildings. Sustainable Cities and Society 16(C): 24–38.
- Laurenti, R. and Å. Stenmarck. 2015. Produkters totala avfall - en studie om avfallsfotavtryck och klimatkostnad (Product total waste - a study on product waste footprint and climate cost). Stockholm. http://www.ivl.se/sidor/….
- Singh, J., R. Laurenti, R. Sinha, and B. Frostell. 2014. Progress and challenges to the global waste management system. Waste Management & Research 32(9): 800–812.
- Laurenti, R., D. Lazarevic, S. Poulikidou, V. Montrucchio, L. Bistagnino, and B. Frostell. 2014. Group Model-Building to identify potential sources of environmental impacts outside the scope of LCA studies. Journal of Cleaner Production 72: 96–109.
- Laurenti, R. 2013. Applications of systems thinking within the sustainability domain product design, product systems and stakeholder perspectives. KTH Royal Institute of Technology.